In this post, We will learn What is Super POM in Maven Project?
What is the Super POM?
- All the maven projects pom.xml files always extend the super pom.xml file.
- This super pom.xml basically defines a set of default project configurations which is shared and used by all the maven projects.
- This super pom.xml is not needed to be written by the software developers.
- POM files maintain a parent-child relationship between them. A child POM file inherits all the configurations from its parent POM file. That is how maven sticks to its design philosophy convention over configuration.
- The final pom file used by the project is obtained by merging the project pom file, parent pom file (if exists), and super pom file. This pom file is known as an effective pom file.
You can view Super POM(Effective POM) using the command line (first you have to move in your project root folder where pom.xml file exist then type mvn help:effective-pom and press Enter as below
You can view Super POM(Effective POM) in Eclipse:
That’s all about What is Super POM in Maven Project?
If you have any feedback or suggestion please feel free to drop in below comment box.