In this post, We will learn What is Super POM in Maven Project?
What is the Super POM?
- All the maven projects pom.xml files always extend the super pom.xml file.
- This super pom.xml basically defines a set of default project configurations which is shared and used by all the maven projects.
- This super pom.xml is not needed to be written by the software developers.
- POM files maintain a parent-child relationship between them. A child POM file inherits all the configurations from its parent POM file. That is how maven sticks to its design philosophy convention over configuration.
- The final pom file used by the project is obtained by merging the project pom file, parent pom file (if exists), and super pom file. This pom file is known as an effective pom file.
You can view Super POM(Effective POM) using the command line (first you have to move in your project root folder where pom.xml file exist then type mvn help:effective-pom and press Enter as below
You can view Super POM(Effective POM) in Eclipse:
That’s all about What is Super POM in Maven Project?
You May Also Like:
What is Maven?
How to install and setup Maven Environment on windows?
Create a maven project using the command line
How to import the maven project in Eclipse?
How to Create a New Maven Project in Eclipse
How to create a maven web application project in Eclipse
How to create a multi-module project using maven?
How to Fix missing src/main/java & src/test/java folders in the Eclipse Maven web Project?
How to create user-defined properties in Maven?
What is the maven local repository location & how to change it?
How to add or update the maven settings.xml file in eclipse?
Importing maven remote Archetype Catalogs in eclipse ?
What is POM in the maven Project?
Understanding the purpose of Maven Plugin
Compiling the Maven project with different JDK versions?
Understanding of settings.xml in maven
How to enable a proxy setting in Maven?
Maven Dependency Scopes
How to generate javadoc in the maven Project
How to create a runnable JAR file with Maven?
How to add local jar files to a Maven project?
How to convert an existing Java Project to Maven in Eclipse?
How to exclude dependency in maven?
Managing External Dependencies in maven
Understanding of Maven Repositories
What is an archetype in Maven?
Snapshot Vs Version in maven
Apache Maven – Profiles
If you have any feedback or suggestion please feel free to drop in below comment box.