In this post, We will talk about What is Gradle?
- Gradle is completely an open-source build automation tool that is based on Apache build tools Maven and Ant.
- It introduces a Kotlin and Groovy-based DSL(Domain Specific Language)instead of XML (Extensible Markup Language) for declaring the project configuration.
- Gradle facilitates an elastic model that helps us in the development lifecycle from compiling and packaging source code for web and mobile-based applications.
- It provides support to build, test, and deploy software on different platforms.
- Gradle is developed to build automation on many programming languages and platforms, including Java, Android, Scala / C ++, and Groovy. Gradle can be integrated with several development tools and servers, including Eclipse, Jenkins, and Android Studio.
- Some Leading Enterprise companies like LinkedIn, Google, and Netflix use Gradle
- It has been developed to basically overcome the drawbacks of Maven and Antand supports integration with a range of IDEs.
That’s all about What is Gradle?
If you have any feedback or suggestion please feel free to drop in below comment box.