This Post talks about what are the benefits of using hibernate?
Below are the key benefits of using hibernate framework:
- Hibernate is an Object/Relational Mapping solution for Java programming language. The term Object Relational Mapping refers to the process of mapping data from java object model representation to a relational data base representation (and vice versa).
- Hibernate framework takes care of mapping from Java classes to database tables (and from Java data types mapping to SQL data types), and also provides data queries and retrieval features using different hibernate APIs.
- Hibernate is design in such a way that it makes developer life easier from common data persistence-related programming tasks by eliminating the need for manual or hand-written data processing using SQL and JDBC.
- Hibernate does not hide the power of SQL and guarantees that your effort in relational technology and knowledge is always as valid.
- Hibernate cannot be the best solution for data-centric applications that only use stored-procedures to implement the business logic in the database
- Hibernate helps us to eliminate or encapsulate vendor-specific SQL code and it also helps with the common task of result set translation from a tabular representation to a graph of objects.