In this post, We will talk and learn about Understanding the purpose of Maven Plugin
What is Maven Plugins?
- Maven Plugin is one of the important features that is basically used to reuse the common build logic among different projects.
- Plugins are used in many ways like compiling code, testing them with the Junits, creating jar/war/ear files and documentation of the projects.
- Maven is nothing but a plugin execution framework in which every task is accomplished by the usage of plugins.
Below is the basic list of tasks that are handled by plugins in maven :
- Creating jar/war/ear files.
- Code compilation
- Unit testing of the code.
- Project documentation
Types of Maven Plugins
There are mainly two important types of plugins exist in maven:
- Build Plugins – These plugins will execute during the build phase. These plugins are defined under the <build> element in pom.xml
- Report Plugins – These types of plugins are executed during the site generation (report or javadocs generation) phase. These plugins We can configure under the <reporting> element in pom.xml
|clean||Used to delete the target directory in order to clean up the earlier build artifacts|
|compiler||To compile java source files|
|surefile||Executes the Junit tests and generate the reports.|
|jar||Build the jar file of the project|
|war||Build the war file of the project|
|javadoc||Generates the javadocs of the project|
|antrun||To run a set of ant tasks specified in any stage/phase of the build|
That’s all about Understanding the purpose of Maven Plugin
You May Also Like:
What is Maven?
How to install and setup Maven Environment on windows?
Create a maven project using the command line
How to import the maven project in Eclipse?
How to Create a New Maven Project in Eclipse
How to create a maven web application project in Eclipse
How to create a multi-module project using maven?
How to Fix missing src/main/java & src/test/java folders in the Eclipse Maven web Project?
How to create user-defined properties in Maven?
What is the maven local repository location & how to change it?
How to add or update the maven settings.xml file in eclipse?
Importing maven remote Archetype Catalogs in eclipse ?
What is POM in the maven Project?
What is Super POM in Maven Project?
Compiling the Maven project with different JDK versions?
Understanding of settings.xml in maven
How to enable a proxy setting in Maven?
Maven Dependency Scopes
How to generate javadoc in the maven Project
How to create a runnable JAR file with Maven?
How to add local jar files to a Maven project?
How to convert an existing Java Project to Maven in Eclipse?
How to exclude dependency in maven?
Managing External Dependencies in maven
Understanding of Maven Repositories
What is an archetype in Maven?
Snapshot Vs Version in maven
Apache Maven – Profiles
If you have any feedback or suggestion please feel free to drop in below comment box.