In this Post of Introduction to Graph Data Structure, We will talk and learn about What is Graph data structure and what kind of problem we can solve using Graph data structure.
What is a Graph?
- It is a non-linear data structure used for storing data
- It is a set of vertices and a collection of edges that connects a pair of vertices
- In the given figure 1,2,3,4,5 are the vertices of the Graph and each line connecting then is called Edge
Advantage of Graph:
- Graphs help us to implement Social Networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, etc other example of Graph is the Airline route map. It can be called a Social Networking Graph.
Applications of graphs:
- Representing relationships between components in electronics circuits
- Transportation networks: Highway network & flight network
- Computer networks: Local area network, internet, web.
- Databases: For representing ER( Entity Relationship) diagram in databases for representing dependency of tables in databases
You May Also Like :
How to represent the Doubly Linked List in Java?
How to insert a node at the beginning of a Doubly Linked List in Java ?
How to insert a node at the end of a Doubly Linked List in Java?
How to delete the first node in a Doubly Linked List in Java?
How to delete the last node in a Doubly Linked List in Java?
That’s all about Introduction to Graph Data Structure?
If you have any feedback or suggestion please feel free to drop in below comment box.